Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dan's Birthday

Going back a few weeks, we didn't forget about Dan's big 35 this year.  I wasn't going to make a cake because I know it's not Dan's favorite and with work and Thanksgiving coming up I was feeling pretty busy.  But Braden absolutely insisted he must have a cake.  So then I thought I'd just make a simple sheet cake and frost it and be done.  But Braden still wouldn't have it.  He felt Dan needed to choose his cake and I would need to make it.  What have I gotten myself into with cakes at birthdays?  I kept giving Dan the wide eyed, take a hint, I'm too overwhelmed to make a cake look but of course he's a man and didn't get my hints.  As Braden kept pestering Dan to make a choice on a cake he nonchalantly said, as he headed upstairs to have a lie down, that he needed a tiger fish cake. Oh did Braden run with that one.  I was stuck.  Braden would have a melt down if Dan did not get his chosen cake so that's what I did.  Here is Dan's tiger fish cake.  Not the tiger fish he was referring to.  He's thinking of the monster ones with huge sharp teeth that are as long as 6 feet.  The one I did was the type you'd keep in a fish tank at home.  So take that Dan....he didn't even notice or really care.  But Braden was sure excited about the cake, so it was worth it. 








1 comment:

Alyssa said...

That is an impressive cake! Very cute fish and I love how Braden insisted on the cake. I love when my kids get into the spirit of things even when I am too tired to.