Friday, January 16, 2009

Dalin and His Trains

Dalin LOVES trains!! I can't describe to you how much he loves trains. Occasionally you can hear a train here in Bozeman when the wind is blowing just right and Dalin will hear it even if no else can. He gets soooo excited. When we were down in Utah visiting we took him to Union Station in Ogden and he got to see the big engines. You've never seen such amazement and pure awe in a person's eyes as I did, that day, in Dalin's. Then we met my parents and took a ride on FrontRunner down to Salt Lake. You think a two-year-old would get bored with the 45 minute ride, but not Dalin. In fact, every time the train would stop at the various stations to let people on and off he would yell out "no, no stopping. Go fast!" Then we took Trax up the temple to see the lights and he loved Trax too. This kid is crazy in love with trains.
Grandpa Randy and Grandma Sylvia on the train. Choo Chooo!
The highlight of the ride on FrontRunner was when he could see the other trains in Union Station, while riding a train at the same time! What excitement.
This is the first toy train Dalin was given by his Daddy. Dan used his birthday money to buy Dalin a Thomas train and he was ecstatic. We couldn't get him to go to bed that night because he just wanted to play with his train. Now he sleeps with it every night.
Dan's Dad and his wife Charlene got Dalin this big train set for Christmas and now the world stands still for Dalin. He lives, eats, and breaths this thing. It's the only thing he plays with and every time he goes to sleep we have to kiss each car and the tracks good night and put them in the drawer. The engine, of course, has a place on Dalin's bed. The engine goes with us to the store, to the park, and it would go to church if I would allow it. I'm not sure what we'll do when the train goes the way of the earth. It's bound to happen with as much use as it gets, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

That boy loves trains!! I guess I know what I will be getting him for his birthday this year!! :)

Rachel said...

That is great that he sleeps with the trains. Funny. -We finally took the girls on front rummer this week and they seemed to like it too, but not as much as Dalin, I'm sure. :)

Steven said...

That's really funny that he sleeps with the train! Some kids have teddy bears or blankets... but not Dalin. He has his train. haha.