Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Fun

I remember loving snow when I was a kid. I didn't get cold and I could be outside for hours on end and never get tired of it. Now it's Dalin's turn. He loves the snow and loves to be outside whenever possible. The problem is that I don't like to be in the cold (here in Montana it's VERY cold) and Braden doesn't really care for the cold snow either. But we do the best we can to make everyone happy. Dan taught Dalin how to make a snowball and throw it at me, which quickly turned into throwing it at poor little Braden, who quickly discovered that a snowball in the face isn't very fun. However, he survived and then we went sledding. You have never seen a child love it as much as Dalin. This boy gets so excited over simple things. He thought that the huge hill was just a big slide (he loves slides) and the first time I went down with him he laughed uproariously the whole way down and as soon as we got to the bottom he said, between laughs, "more slide, more slide"! It was so fun to see him get so excited about it and Dan and I actually had a lot of fun sledding ourselves. Braden, not so much. But he'll have his turn one day I'm sure, when he's a little older. Dalin never stopped laughing.
Laughing so hard! He kept saying "sooo fast!"
Dan teaching Dalin to throw snowballs.
Braden not really loving the snow.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

How cute!! It is freezing here.. I can only imagine what its like there! Burr..

Rachel said...

It's funny how kids turn about 2 1/2 and suddenly love snow. Just like yours, ky doesn't like the snow and Bailey loves it.

Steven said...

I love the picture of Dalin laughing. You can tell he's having a great time.