Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tattoos

Today Dalin was drawing on some paper, practicing making faces and writing his letters while I did some stuff on the computer. I got up to use the bathroom and when I came back Dalin had taken off his pants, climbed up on the desk, got a marker out, and drawn all over his legs. I asked him why he drew on himself and his response? Any guesses. "I'm a basketball player". Now what am I supposed to say to that!! What 3 year old comes up with that? Well, I have to say that we were watching last night's Jazz game this morning and he must've seen the players' tattoos. When I told him that we shouldn't draw on ourselves only on paper he replied, "but mom, it's so cool". Where do kids get these things? I didn't even know he knew what "cool" is. So thanks to all those NBA players with tattoos, you're great examples for our kids! HAHAHAHA. It was pretty funny. As for tattoos....no way! Dalin is no longer allowed to draw on himself.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is pretty funny! What a crazy kid! I am always amazed at what kids come up with now a days and I never seem to have a good enough explination.

jenn said...

Wow. Kids are the best. They crack me up. Funny the things they're seeing all us grown ups do. Makes you realize that you have to be a good example.

Steven said...

I think those are pretty sweet tats! I'll see if he can give me some of those.

Libby said...

Too funny!!

Lettie B. said...

I have not been to your blog forever, so I'm just catching up. My boys just did this same thing the other day (well, minus the missing pants). They came in and proudly announced that they were basketball players and their arms were covereied in ink...