Thursday, February 3, 2011

Midwestern University

Well, Dan and I are quite excited. He got an acceptance letter from Midwestern University. Where the heck is that? It's in Glendale (Phoenix) Arizona. Although this isn't our top pick we're just glad to get in anywhere, so we can move on with life rather than playing the waiting game. It got old forever ago. I hate feeling like you're in limbo all the time. Now this may not for sure be the school we end up at. We still haven't heard from University of Arizona or the University of Utah both of which we should hear from by the end of March...so I guess we're still in limbo, but there's at least a light at the end of the tunnel. The down side to all of this? Well, we have until the last day of February to either decline or accept the invitation, but with the acceptance comes the $1,000 deposit. Not a big deal if you end up going to that school because it's just put towards your tuition, but if you decide to decline after the deposit has been made you lose your money. I don't know about you, but that's no small sum. I don't exactly have $1000 bucks to throw away. So the hope is that we will hear from the other schools before that day so we don't have to put the deposit down, but in the event that it doesn't work out that way (why do I have a feeling it won't) then we have to decide if going to one of the other schools is worth $1000. For many reasons it is. So I guess I need to come up with the money to give to the charitable institution of Midwestern University. I hope they do something good with it. But we got in! We're going to medical school now no matter what happens. Sooooo relieved and excited.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yay! That is very exciting for Dan! Hopefully things go well and you don't have to waste the money. Good luck and its nice to finally have a path.

Rachel said...

I'm sure you guys are super excited. I hope it all works out how you hope it does. Good luck. :)

Melinda said...

Congrats! Even though it isn't your first choice, Phoenix is a nice area. Good luck with everything.