Sunday, February 27, 2011

Landon Eric Roper

Landon has joined our little family. Weight: 6lbs 12 oz (Our biggest baby so far) Height: 19 inches Born: February 27 at 9:19am I was so glad to finally meet him face to face and he has brought us so much joy. I'm slow to post because the transition of a new born leaves you quite busy and tired. Plus with the C-section I've had a little bit of recuperation time and I wear out easily. Things are finally getting back to normal though. Dalin and Braden love their baby brother, but unfortunately they have had a horrible cold so they've not been allowed near Landon. I think that makes it a little harder on them because whenever I'm feeding Landon or they want to help dress him or just help me out with him I can't let them. I think they're sick of hearing me say "don't touch Landon". I hope it hasn't made them feel left out and I hope the bond can come when they are over their sickness. Landon is so cute and I've really enjoyed getting to know his little personality. He is definitely a hands all over kind of a kid. His little fingers are huge and long - he definitely got Dan's hands. He loves to put them in his mouth and all over his face. He claws his eyes out regularly and then gets mad. So far he's very calm and easy going. He rarely cries unless he's hungry or tired. Like most babies he sleeps most of the time, but when he's awake his eyes are huge and he'll just stare at you and study your face or he'll look all over the room and his little head moves all over the place while he tries to take everything in. He is my sweetheart. Here's the pics.
Isn't it interesting that when babies are born you want to take a million pictures, but having just gone through the birthing process, whether by C-section or natural birth, you look like crap. So forever framed in time is me looking chubby and wasted, Dalin being a helpful big brother. Whenever Landon cries both Dalin and Braden rush to give him his binky.
He loves to suck on his hands and fists. When will he discover his thumb?

Dalin loves to hold his new brother.
Braden is a bit uncertain about this new little bundle invading his space, but does very well with him.

Landon has a very strong neck. He likes to hold his head up and push with his legs and arms and he's only two weeks old in this picture.

Landon passed out on daddy.
He loves to eat with his hands in his face.
And this is what happens when you're the third child. Sometimes you have to man up and feed yourself because mommy is desperately trying to meet everyone's needs.



5 comments:

the happy hansens' said...

Casandra, Congrats on your new little guy too! I can't believe we both have 3 boys how cool is that! I was just reading your post and omg the same thing happened at our house. My two older boys have been way sick so I can't let them hold Korver very much and they just love him. I feel bad too cause I know they just want to touch him all over. that is so funny about Landon always putting his hands in his face! My little Korver is so mellow and just goes with the flow, thank goodness! Tell Dan congrats on getting excepted to that school. Is that where you guys will be headed or are you still waiting to hear back from other schools? Keep us posted! Hope to hear from you soon. Fallon

Natalie said...

What a little cutie. You have definately cornered the market on little boys!

Melinda said...

When I got home from macey's I was going to look at your blog and then was distracted by my own kiddos. Never a dull moment with three, eh? Landon is a cutie!! Congrats to you and your family. I hope you can find a few minutes every day to take it easy.

Lettie B. said...

That picture of him in the hospital is just about the sweetest thing. He looks so soft and peaceful. So sweet. Congratulations!

jenn said...

What a doll. So, so cute. Congratulations. :)