Sunday, August 21, 2011

Canon Beach

Well, I finally managed to figure out how to get my pictures from my phone onto my computer, although it took about 4 hours (that's not an exaggeration either). I'm glad I had my phone with me when we went to Canon Beach because half way there I realized I'd forgotten the camera. Can I just say I love this place! We had so much fun. The boys were super excited to go to a real beach and see the ocean. Our first glipse of the Ocean and Dalin said "whoa that's a big lake". Then Dan explained about the ocean and the boys eyes just got bigger and bigger. Dalin ran to the sand dropped where he was and started digging, "I need to make a sand castle right now". Braden on the other hand ran for the water, being a water dog and all, this didn't surprise me. So Dan dug in the sand with Dalin and I went to the water with Braden. The biggest mistake I made, one that I won't make again, was shaving my legs that morning. Salt water and freshy shaven legs do not mix. It stung like nothing I've ever felt. It's better to have nice long, hairy, bushman legs and enjoy the water without that ever so fun stinging sensation. Anyways, we walked down the beach a ways to a large rock with a beached corral area. Apparently when the tide it out you can walk amongst them (there are workers there to keep people off the corral and rocks) and see starfish, clams, crabs, and whatever else is clinging to the rocks. Dalin and Braden got to touch a starfish and loved that. Some of the shells made kind of a sucking noise and it freaked Braden out to the point that I had to carry him. He just kept yelling and screaming very loudly "mom, they're going to eat me!" People we looking at us, like I was beating him or something. I thought it was pretty funny.
The boys loved playing in the sand.
I like this picture. Landon liked looking at the waves.
Walking to the big rock and collecting every shell we could find along the way. By the time we got there my pockets were loaded up.
Dan dug a huge hole in the sand with the boys. Of course they thought this was the funnest thing in the world. I'm not sure what Dalin is doing in this picture. It doesn't seem like a very good idea to lay face down in the sand, but I don't remember him doing this.
Landon had fun too. I love his cute little face in this picture.
Dalin discovered this really big shell that was still completely intact. He brought it home and it now sits on top of his book shelf.

2 comments:

Erica said...

so glad you all have found fun in oregon.

Rachel said...

My favorite beach, ever!! We went at low tide and my dad and sister walked to the big rock. You know that is The Goonies rock, right? Where he holds up the medallion to match the rock. What a great, soothing place! I am glad you could go and enjoy it!!!