We are an outdoor family. We all love to be outdoors and get filthy. I guess with 3 boys it's a good thing I'm not a girly girl. At the end of September we were grappling with what to do with our Saturday and I found some hikes in our area online. This one looked very promising as it was rated extremely easy and kid friendly. So off we went. It's just down the road a ways from our house about 15 minutes. That's the nice thing about Vernal, the Unitas are right in your backyard making outdoor stuff easy to do.
It's hard to see in this picture, but the walls of the cliffs were absolutely covered in petroglyphs. Dalin commented that he wanted to be an Indian when he grows up so he can draw pictures on mountains.
Landon with his walking stick.
The petroglyphs are a little easier to see in this picture. And of course Dalin and Braden must also have their walking sticks.
I love this picture.
Look at that view!
As it is with everything we do, we must inspect every stick and rock very closely.
I so wish the petroglyphs had shown up better on these pictures, because they were amazing. The kids had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment