Thursday, April 4, 2013

Soccer Season

Well, I officially know what the term soccer mom refers to.  Soccer with two kids is much more involved than soccer with one kid.  We had two practices every Monday, one of which I was in charge of since I coached Braden's team, and then two games on Thursday and two games on Saturday.  Dan works 4 ten hour shifts so he couldn't come to most Thursday games.  Sometimes their games overlapped or started at the same time and since I'm the coach of Braden's team I had to be there early and take charge of a bunch of crazy little boys while trying to point out to Dalin where his team was playing and assuring him I would be there as soon as Braden's game was over.  Then, if Dan wasn't there, I got to carry Landon around for the whole game because he would suddenly get very needy and not let me put him down.  Luckily Braden's games only lasted about 30 minutes.  Soon I will have 3 kids in soccer and then it will really get crazy.  Yes, I was the coach of Braden's team and thank heaven they were only 4 and 5 year-olds because I don't really know what I'm doing.  Dalin's team was much more involved and really got out there and played on a higher level than ever before.  It was really fun to watch them improve so dramatically over the course of the season.  Dalin's coach was Coach Leo and he was a great coach.  He's from Argentina and really knew his stuff.  Dalin's team started playing positions rather than bunch ball and they learned how to spread the field, pass the ball, and clear it.  Dalin's favorite position was defense because he likes to run up and kick it as hard as he can.  It was a busy time, but I had a lot of fun watching them play.  I can't wait for next season.




Landon and Braden wrestled through most of Dalin's games.


Braden and I watching Dalin play.






2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Im actually pretty excited to get Korb into soccer. He watched us play last night and was really interested! We shall see how it goes. You are crazy for coaching with two other kids to deal with. Good job!

Rachel said...

Way to go on the coaching. I keep debating about doing it but it seems too crazy with the other kids and work schedules, etc. so, Braden's team was co-ed?