It's the big number 8! Dalin loves Legos so I stole this cake idea from my sister. It's the first time I've ever used fondant. I think I used a little too much powdered sugar, but overall it turned out really good. Dalin loved them. He wanted a red one, but I've yet to figure out how to make it red and not pink. It doesn't matter how much coloring I use it's still pink. I think I may ask the bakery at the store next time if I can have some of their coloring. I've heard they have some serious stuff that works well.
Since Dalin's birthday is only a couple days away from Landon's I still hadn't picked up any pancake mix so he got oatmeal candle as well.
They just love to blow out breakfast candles.
Showing off his cake.
Since his birthday was on Sunday and church was at 1:00 he just couldn't wait to open his presents that long so I let him open a couple of them.
Such generous family members. Thank you!
Now that's how to open a present.
I only let him open the ones I knew wouldn't distract him from going to church. These markers he's wanted for ages. Kept him quiet during church.
All ready for church.
As soon as we got home he opened his other presents. He didn't even wait until we'd all changed our clothes. I couldn't make him wait he was too excited.
The face says it all.
Now he has to put the whole thing together.
Between he and Braden it took a couple hours to put the whole thing together.
It came with several smaller things too. Braden's got the luggage car, and it also came with a gas car, two crates, one with boxes and one with bars of gold, to be transported. It also has a radio tower, or whatever you call it. The back end of the plane opens and a side compartment lifts so you can put in luggage and passengers.
Cake time, even though we had to pry him away from the plane to do it.
Then it was right back to the plane.
Some things about Dalin:
1. This kid can eat! He eats a ton of food and never wants to stop. It's amazing he's so skinny.
2. He loves to play games - and by games I mean computer/video games. He is an addict. I often have to turn it off and tell him his time is up for the day.
3. He loves to create things. He builds amazing things with Legos and blocks. He uses up all my paper and tape making all kinds of creations. He uses sticks, leaves, rocks, and whatever else he can think of to make all kinds of things. He nails boards together and ties flies for fishing. He's just really good with his hands.
4. He needs his sleep. He gets very grumpy if he stays up too late.
5. He's recently discovered four square at school and now we play it all the time on the driveway.
6. He's a good helper. He rarely complains when I ask him to do something. He just does it.
7. He could spend hours watching Minecraft on YouTube. He really wants the game, but so far it's a no go.
8. He's positively obsessed with the Titanic. They covered it in school and he's smitten by it. He gets online a watches video after video of the sinking (not with people on it, don't worry nothing morbid). He's also discovered that the Titanic also had two sister ships The Olympic and The Britannic both of which also sank and killed many people. He can tell you all about it and is always in search of a documentary he hasn't seen yet.
9. He really loves snakes as well. Especially cobras. When we go to the library he will head immediately for the non-fiction section in search for books about snakes. He can tell you a lot about snakes too.
10. I love this kids to bits. He is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment