We love to do little mini day camps with our kiddos every so often. Dan would like to do one every weekend, but since I work we can't do them as often as he would like. The boys love to day camp. This time we headed up to Brown's park near the Green River. It's on the other side of Flaming Gorge so it took about an hour to get there. We love the beautiful drive as much as the time camping. They have fairly nice campgrounds here, but I don't think they'd be very nice in the heat of the summer. There's not a whole lot of shade. In February, however we don't have to worry about the heat. It was chilly, but not too cold.
Do you like Dan's fire? Just put a whole dead tree on and you're good. I gave up arguing with Dan about his fires long ago. It did keep us nice and warm though.
Landon loves to be a big boy and fish with his dad. He has his very own pole too. Dan usually ties a small weight at the end of his line with no hooks so he thinks he fishing but can't actually hook himself.
I really like this picture. Sums up life with a three-year-old. Everywhere you go he's there to follow.
And yes, I was in fact there too. I should be better about having Dan take a couple shots of me too.
Staying warm.
So cute, the video below says it all.
Dan has to constantly help untangle lines.
These two love to look for bones wherever we go. Notice anything interesting about these bones? Yes, that's a whole deer leg. Gross, I know. They were in heaven and not bothered by it one bit. Break out the soap and water and sanitizer and bleach and whatever else you need to rid yourself of disease.
Dalin's prize. He came into camp with this and I just about freaked out.
So, I managed to persuade them to play with cars rather than bones and very sneakily got rid of them without being noticed.
- They had a lot of fun driving in the dirt and making extensive roadways. It was a day well spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment