I like to keep my kids active. I don't want them to just sit around and watch TV and play video games all day. I want them to love the outdoor and sports as much as I do. So I'm always on the look out for things to do and signed them up for Octane 3V3 soccer. Octane is a competition league here in Vernal. At 8 years old they can join a comp team and travel to games on the Wasatch Front and of course, it's just way more serious than AYSO. I've debated whether or not I should sign Dalin up or just keep playing AYSO. I don't know if soccer is the sport he is going to LOVE. There are days when he says I don't want to play today so I'm not sure if the extra pressure is going to help or hurt his desire to play. For the time being we don't have to decide so we are just playing 3 on 3 for fun. They did have a lot of fun too. Thursdays were longer days though. We had two games for each kid every Thursday. By the time we got done it was almost 8:00 pm and we were all very tired. We lucked out with beautiful weather though.
Just chillin' in between games.
We also had to bring our homework to the games or we wouldn't have time to fit it all in. But we manged to get it all done.
We played games on the phone to pass the time.
And got upset when it wouldn't work just right....sigh. Overall, we had a blast and I'm glad we signed up.
Landon discovered that Dalin makes a great horse and rode him all over the grass.
Now for the action....
No comments:
Post a Comment