Monday, March 23, 2009

Balloons

I went to Ace Hardware the other day in order to get a belt for my vacuum and as we left the store they gave us balloons. One for each boy, however I won't let Braden play with balloons since he mostly just tries to eat them. Not good for baby. So while Braden was taking his nap, Dalin and I had a hay-day playing with his balloons. We played several games. The first was see how long you can keep the balloon in the air by hitting it upwards. I think this game was very good for his eye-hand coordination because he got much better the more we played. We also counted every time we hit it and he loved that. Another game we played was blow up the balloon and then let the air out. At first he was a little afraid, and then I showed him he could go stand in the corner away from the balloon and just watch it fly around the room, then he loved it. We ended up playing for about three hours. It was a good stress reliever for me and Dalin and I got to spend some good quality time together and just have a good time. Dan was good enough to take some pictures while he was home for lunch.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

You are seriously a super mom! Dalin looked like he had so much fun.

Alyssa said...

It's amazing how much kids love balloons!! Looks like he was having a blast!!

Rachel said...

Before you ever had kids did you have any idea that a balloon could entertain someone for 3 hrs? ha ha ha fun.