Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dalin's Birthday

Dalin had a really nice birthday. We didn't do anything super spectacular and kept it to just us because we never get to do anything with just us. Some good together time was just perfect for his birthday. This year he got really excited about opening presents. My mom's package arrived a few days before so I had her presents sitting on top of the counter where Dalin couldn't get them. Everyday he would wake up and say "open presents?" and tried to get sneeky with me so he could get to them. But I managed to prevail and save all the presents for his birthday. It was soooo cute when he opened Mack (off the movie Cars) and screamed because he was so excited. We got it on video. Dalin is showing me his cars in this picture of his stash. He got a lot of stuff and people were very nice to send stuff in the mail.
What a cheeser. This is Dalin's giant puzzle he got from my mom. He loves puzzles and this one is perfect for him. In fact we've done it almost everyday since he got it and he can pretty much do the whole thing by himself now.
Dalin loves ice cream and cake. He blew out his candles five or six times because he's a little pyro and always wants to play with fire. He kept trying to pick up the candle while it was lit.
This is Mack - the one he got so excited about. He loves big trucks, trains, tractors, etc.
For his birthday activity we took him bowling. This is the first time we've ever taken him and he was in heaven. Of course there were bumpers, not that it mattered because all he wanted to do was throw the ball. He didn't really care if it hit the pins or not. He would get VERY impatient while he waited for his ball to come back and then very excited when he finally saw it come. He didn't want any help to throw the ball and had to do it all by himself (wonder where he gets that from?) He had the perfect little 5 pound ball that he could manage pretty well. He bowls like Steven and runs up the lane then chucks it as hard as he can from the side of his body. Braden had fun crawling and walking around on the slippery wood floors. He would laugh sometimes when Dalin threw the ball.
Dalin is so cute and I can't believe he's already 3 years old. He's such a smart little guy and knows most of his letters and numbers by sight now. He loves to sing songs and his favorite ones are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I am a Child of God. If he doesn't want to do something I've asked him to do he'll put himself in time out in every effort not to have to do what I've asked. He loves to splash in puddles, ride his bike, do puzzles, and play with his cars, trucks, tractors, and trains. His favorite foods are oranges and cheese. He never holds still and is running most of time. The only time I can get him to sit still for a minute is if I read him a book (or fifty because once you start he doesn't want to stop). He really likes to go to church and "play with the kids". I think I need to get him into some kind of pre-school because he loves interacting with other kids. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALIN!!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a good birthday!! I cant believe he is three already! That is insane!! He is growing up soo fast! We are excited to have you guys home again!

Steven said...

Looks like Dalin got the motherload! Glad to hear he's got such a GREAT bowling technique.

Brianne said...

Ah! I missed his birthday! What a terrible cousin once removed I am. ^-^ I am glad to hear he had such a wonderful birthday!