I have some major catching up to do. Has it really been that long? Yes, I'm afraid it has. The summer has flown by and I've enjoyed every single moment of it. But all good things come to an end...the trees are starting to change colors, very subtly. I've noticed it more in the mountains, but some are changing ever so slightly here in the valley as well. I love fall, but there's always a twinge of regret that summer is coming to a close. I don't look forward to this winter at all, but I suppose it's because last winter it was so awful. You'll remember I was in Montana and there were way too many -20's for me to like. Plus it snowed way too early and way too late. We moved May 9 and it was one of the biggest snow storms of the year. Thus, I am no where near ready for another long, cold winter. But I need to enjoy fall while it's here because this time of year is one of the prettiest and we have good temperatures too. Well here are some pictures of this summer and if you'll stay tuned I plan to do some more catching up later.
Dalin loved helping Uncle Devin mow the lawn this summer.
The boys also loved picking raspberries off the bushes in the back yard. They had little snacks all summer long while they played in the yard.
One of the joys of parenting. Turning around to notice that it's a little too quiet and the bag of pretzels is no longer on the counter where you left them. Then making this lovely discovery. The boys sitting on the stairs, blissfully taking turns running through the entire bag of pretzels
on the floor. Oh, fun times. It took me a couple of days to finally find all the hidden pretzels that were stashed around the house.
Bear Lake camping trip with my sister-in-law Alyssa's family.
This is Dalin getting dirty in the lake. He loved rubbing mud all over himself.
Dan and Dalin getting REALLY dirty.
Braden LOVES water, so this was his dream come true.
Braden also loved the huge expanses of endless sand. He just ran for as long as his little legs could carry him.
Back at the camp site. I love this picture of Dalin.
The boys loved camping.
Dalin playing Bolo with Aunt Leslee.
He loves those balls!!
Eating lunch in Grandma Sylvia's trailer. They both thought is was great fun to eat sitting backwards, rather than on the table in front of them. What silly boys.
We did get rained on for the first day and it was actually kind of miserable because the boys didn't want to just sit in the tent or in the trailer, but it was really cold out. Braden threw multiple fits because he really wanted to run through the puddles. I didn't want him to get his shoes and clothes all wet because he'd be cold the whole time we were up there so I finally just took off his shoes and sock and pants and let him go wild in the puddles. It was sooooo cold and I don't know how they didn't freeze to death, but they ran in puddles for about half an hour then got too cold. I took them in and bundled them up and got them warm by the fire and they were happy as little clams.
This kid loves water.
What is it with little kids and olives? I used to love olives when I was a kid and both my boys just love them. I guess it's just fun to put them on your fingers and eat them off.
Here's Dalin showing me his olives.
Dalin got a new bike this summer and loves it. This is him trying it out in the house(it was rainy that day) brand spankin' new.
This is him waving good-bye to me because I told him it was time to take the bike outside since we don't ride in the house. He wanted me to leave so he could ride around the house.
5 comments:
Cute, cute kids. It was so good to see you last month. I'm glad you could make it, and that you're back in Utah. The best snow on earth. (I'm with you though, not yet, please.)
Winter is fun when you're a kid!! Nowadays it's just another job to do. I hate cleaning ice and snow off my car every morning. Hopefully we have a mild winter.
I did enjoy the pretzel picture. They seem pretty proud of themselves.
Nice to see an update. Gotta love the pretzels. If they aren't asleep them quiet is never good. ha ha he
I love seeing those little boys grow. They seem like they had a very fun summer full of all sorts of adventures! I hope winter is just as pleasant for them!
Cute pictures! I am so glad you guys come camping with us, it makes it more fun! :) It is sad the summer is coming to an end! Hopefully we have a great fall!
Post a Comment