Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Hunger Games

If there's anyone out there looking for a great book to read, I've got one. I loved it, couldn't put it down, stayed up all night to finish it. It's called The Hunger Games and it' supposed to become a three-books series, but I read it about a year ago and have been waiting very impatiently for the second book to come out. IT FINALLY DID! It's called Catching Fire and I'm running out to get it ASAP. Who cares if I'm in school full time and don't have time for anything else. This is too exciting to pass up! If anyone loves a good book then I recommend this one. Suzanne Collins, the author, has also writen some children's novels and a fantasy series called Underland Chronicles. But I've not read any of those. Maybe I should since I loved The Hunger Games so much.
Here's the exerpt from inside the book.
"Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see." If there's anyone out there named Steven Rounds then I think you should read this one! Even though I know you're anti-books ;)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll have to check these out. I have just about completed my list I have had forever of books I wanted to read and have needed more to add to the list.

jenn said...

I'm hearing good things about this book. I might have to check it out, even though it sounds a little out of my genre comfort zone.

Alyssa said...

ha ha.. I have been trying to get Steven to read Train to Potevka that is an awesome spiritual book, but he wont! I will definitely have to read those when I get some free time!

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

Well my name IS Steven Rounds!!! But surely this book can't be a recommendation for me. It took me 15 minutes to read your excerpt from the book. And I was lost the whole time! Maybe if you forced it into my hand I could check it out.