So the last couple of days have been good ones. Braden is potty trained!! I had tried a couple of months ago but there was no success. He never went in the toilet once, but I think it did inspire the idea of the toilet. He's been watching Dalin for a while now and would want to sit on the toilet with him, but would freak out if you tried to take off his diaper. So I let him sit on the toilet whenever he wanted with his diaper on, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything. Well on Wednesday morning I took off his diaper and was preparing to put another one on him when he suddenly got up and ran to bathroom where Dalin was in the process of peeing and then Braden stood there with Dalin and started to go too. I was all excitement and so decided to just leave his diaper off for the day. He ran around all day with nothing but his shirt and socks on, but we had success. I would just keep telling him "Braden don't pee on the floor" or "don't pee on the couch" or wherever he happened to be and then I kept on asking him "Braden where do you pee?" And his reply became "in the toilet". So for two days Braden ran around without anything to cover his little bum. Finally today I put underwear on him and told him "Braden don't pee in your underwear" and his reply was always "in the toilet". So far today he had one little accident when he went outside, but came running in exclaiming "not in your underwear, in the toilet". But by then it was too late. The rest of the day today however he just runs in and goes when he has to. He does struggle to pull up is underwear and I have to help him, but all in all he's pretty independent. I don't even have to remind him to go at all. I've never even had to go sit him on the toilet he just decided to do it and then did. I give Dalin all the real credit in potty training Braden because they do so enjoy peeing together at the same time. I didn't really do that much. The real test will be when we actually have to go somewhere, since I've purposely kept him home so he can get it down. No more diaper though! At least for a few more months.
2 comments:
Wow! You have had some good luck with potty training! Hopefully Korbin will be that easy. Good job!
You have to already know that part of me hates you with this post since I am the WORST potty trainer in the world. Ha ha ha. But for real, that is super awesome for him and for you. Think how much money will save by not having to buy diapers!!!! Hooray. Good work! I will be sending Kyla over to your house for you to train as well. ;)
Post a Comment