Monday, December 6, 2010

Trip to Tucson

FIRST LET ME START OUT BY SAYING DAN RECEIVED AN EMAIL TODAY INVITING HIM TO INTERVIEW AT THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE!!! THIS IS A BIG DEAL TO ME. HE WILL INTERVIEW IN JANUARY SO CLAP YOUR HANDS AND SHOUT FOR JOY, BECAUSE I REALLY WANT HIM GET IN AT THE U.
Recently Dan and I had the chance to go to Arizona for a medical school interview at University of Arizona in Tucson. Since Dan had never been to the Grand Canyon we spent a day there too. It was nice to get away for a couple of days and Dan has fallen in love with road trips. He loved it. I really enjoyed it too, but the whole pregnant thing puts a damper on things. My back and body doesn't handle being in the car that long and that made it hard. We also would have liked to go on a longer hike at the canyon but after 2 1/2 miles I couldn't do much more. By then I was starting to hurt pretty bad so we took the shuttle out further to see more sites.
While in Tucson we got to see my cousin, Erica. That was cool since we don't get to see her very often anymore. Her husband Jason was there too, but couldn't stick around since he had to work. Erica was nice enough to take us all over Tucson and spend almost her whole day off tending us. We went to Jason's restaurant that night and ate an amazing meal, although we felt VERY under dressed. This is the kind of place with crystal glasses and really high prices (well at least high to poor folk like us. I don't think I've ever paid that much to eat out (I guess we didn't really pay, because Jason treated us, so a super big thanks for that)) and a chef that cooked exquisite food. It was soooo yummy. It was fun to see Tucson and spend time with family.
For some reason Dan was obsessed with these cactus. He said he's never seen one in real life. And when I think about it I don't think I've ever really seen one either. You see them in cartoons like the Road Runner and in pictures and stuff but never actually walked up to one and touched it. I was surprised at how extremely tall they were.
Dan's interview went really well and he really likes the U of A. We could hear from them as early as mid-December and as late as end of March so keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

jenn said...

You have all my positive energy and hopes for a good interview at the U. What a great way that would be to ring in 2011! :)

Alyssa said...

How awesome that he got called for an interview at the U!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully he gets it so you guys can stay close to home! Good luck! Looks like you had a nice mini vacay.

Rachel said...

Pretty cool that he heard from the U, that is a bug deal. I think it is fun you got to have a road trip and see Erica. I miss roadtrips.