I know this post is a month slow, but life comes at you fast sometimes. On March 2 Dalin turned 5! I can't believe I have a 5 year old. Unfortunately his birthday fell on the same day that I came home from the hospital. So Landon and Dalin have birthdays three days apart. Dan and I came home about 1:00 in the afternoon and Dan's mom brought the boys back about 2:00. I had wrapped his presents ahead of time and sat them out on the fireplace so when he came in the door he knew they were for him. He's been waiting for this day since Braden's birthday in January.
Here he is just a few minutes old.

He was born teeny tiny at 5 lbs. 1 oz. But oh so cute.
Now he's huge. I can't believe how fast time flies. He picked out these party hats when they were in a discount bin at Walmart at least a month ago and was so excited to finally wear them.

Grandma Anne was kind enough to make a cake and bring it down for him. Saved me having to worry about it...both boys LOVE blowing out candles.

He was so excited about opening his presents that he would tear into one of them and barely see what was inside before he started tearing into another one. After he finally got to the end he stopped to see everything.

So what is Dalin doing now? He's currently going to preschool at Uintah Elementary and LOVES it. He's starting to read three letter words and can do simple math problems like 1+1=2. Almost everyday he comes home from school he says "I love Ms. Lonah". Dalin is very active and runs faster than any other kid I know, trust me I have a hard time keeping up with him. I am excited and sad at the same time that he will be starting Kindergarten this fall. He loves to tell me stories..his current favorite is Goldilocks and the Three Bears and he is very artistic. He loves to draw pictures and then tell me all about them. What a smart happy little boy he is and I love him very much. Five very happy years for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment