Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, One Year Old!

I can't believe my baby is 1!!!!  Okay, I know I'm a little slow, so bear with me as I catch up to a normal life without boxes.  He is the sweetest little thing and I just can't believe he's already had a birthday.  He is always ready with a smile and loves to be cuddled.  He's perfectly content to just sit on my lap and watch what's going on, unless of course we're at church.  He truely enjoys playing with his brothers and loves to wrestle with them and Dad. He's not afraid of anything, but maybe an unfamiliar face.  And let me tell you this boy can eat.  He out-eats his brothers every meal and, in fact, I sometimes refer to him as my little hobbit.  We must have elevensies, and onesies, and afternoon and early evening snacks all besides our regularly scheduled meal times.  It is sometimes exhausting, keeping up with his appetite. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL!


Landon thought he should help me frost his cake...I can't have food in front of him, unless I plan on sharing.  He thoroughly enjoyed the frosting as you can see.

Then, it was time to open presents.  He had absolutely no interest in them and Dalin tried to show him what to do.
Once he discovered there were fun things inside that bright paper, he went to town.
I had to keep making Braden and Dalin scoot back because they wanted to descend upon the toys and Landon didn't have a chance.  It was so hard for them to sit a watch, but mean mommy made them anyways.  This was, after all Landon's birthday, not theirs.
Dalin and Braden, "showing Landon how it worked".  In other words taking over completely.  Poor thing couldn't even get to his own new toys.
Then we took a break to have some cake.  He was mesmerized by the candle and kept trying to touch it, so I had to move it to a safe distance.  Finally I had to blow it out for him, because he didn't want to blow it, he wanted to grab it.  And when this little boy wants something there's no stopping him. 

I feel kind of bad that he got a lame cake.  I made nothing special, because I figured he was too young to care too much about what it looked like.  But you think I could've at least spelled birthday right. 
I was right, though, he devoured his cake in less than 10 seconds and cried for more. So don't be decieved by appearances.  It was delicious. 

3 comments:

Leslee Hubbard said...

You think he would be bigger for eating so much. I had Leah yesterday and she ate more than anyone at the table, and she is tiny. Wouldn't that metabolism be nice?

Rachel said...

He is still super cute. I loved your elevensies comment. Funny. My dad told me the other day that he insists that Leah has a tapeworm for all the food she eats. haha
Glad he had a nice birthday. :)

Alyssa said...

Ha ha that is funny about the birthday spelling. Luckily he is only one and I dont think anyone would have noticed if you didnt say anything. I am a little jealous that he is a good little cuddler.. maybe my next child will want to cuddle with me. Glad he had a good birthday though!