Well, we have three days between Landon and Dalin's birthday, so here comes Dalin at number 6. Wow! It's been six years. At six years old Dalin is not scared of much (except Slimer from Ghostbusters. Dan let him watch the scene when Venkman gets slimed and Dalin woke up with nightmares for a week). He'll talk to anyone, I mean ANYONE. He walks up to people all the time and starts up a random conversation. He's not at all shy. He loves school and soaks up information like a sponge. He is constantly asking me questions about everything and is always curious about the way things work. If I ask him to do something he jumps right up and does it without complaining. He's a sweet little boy and I'm glad he's in our family.
I kind of started this tradition when Dalin was about 2. I make pancakes to fit their age the morning of their birthday and then stick a candle in it. He thinks it's great.
Let me just make note that Dalin shares his birthday with Dr. Suess day and so the day of his birthday was pajama day at school, and that's why he's in pajamas the whole day.
He wanted Mario Galaxy soooo bad for his birthday and so as he started opening gifts he would act excited and say thank you, but I could see the disappointment in his face when it wasn't what he wanted. One of his gifts was a DVD and he thought for sure it was Mario, but when he saw it was just a movie and finally said "that's not Mario Galaxy" and I thought he was going to cry, but he didn't. Then Dan pulled out his last gift and when he opened it and saw it was Mario he screamed and jumped up and down. The smile on his face was priceless.
I got ambitious with Dalin's cake, because he loves Mario so much. So I must proudly display my work of art. Yes, folks, I made this cake. I free-handed Mario and then filled him in with frosting. Not wanting Dalin to know what I was up to I stayed up really late the night before to finish it. It took much longer than I anticipated, but he was so thrilled with the cake I think it was well worth the effort.
Singing "Happy Birthday", he really loved the cake.
He wanted to eat Mario's face and thought it was hilarious to take a bite out of him.
I also put a candle in his dinner and let him blow it out because my boys love to blow out candles so we have to soak it up on their birthdays.
2 comments:
Wow! That cake is impressive! Good job :) can't believe he is already 6!
Fun. That cake is great!!! I am SO not good at cakes!
Post a Comment