Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day

Well this mother's day I couldn't help, but reflect on how being a mother has changed my life and what I've learned from it.  It's definitely not an easy endeavor and sometimes it's downright stressful and anger provoking, but I wouldn't be who I am today without it.  My heart has grown ten-fold and I can more easily forget myself and think of others.  I know more about what it means to endure to the end.  Those time when it's the end of the day, the kids are crying and whining, my back is broken, my feet hurt, and my head is pounding and I finally lay them down to sleep I think to myself "I can't handle another day of this".  Then I check on them before I finally go to sleep and I can't help but think "I am so blessed" as I watch their peaceful forms rest.  It's hard, but the days that Dalin says "mom, you're beautiful like a princess" or Braden says "I love you this much"  while holding his hands out as far as he can reach, or Landon lays his head on my shoulder and says "night, night" make up for any amount of stress or weariness.  I love my 3 boys more than anything else in the whole world. 

I am blessed to have a mother who taught me what I would need to know to survive this life.  I am blessed to have a mother-in-law who taught my husband the same.  We still go to them with our worries and problems because we know they can help, because they've been there, where we are now.  We love our mothers and are so blessed to have them still around. 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great and accurate thoughts and words. Thanks for the post.