Well, the highlight of every summer is Lagoon, at least for my kids. Dalin asked every single day as soon as school was out if we were going to Lagoon that day. If we ever headed up north and passed Lagoon it was pure torture for them when I said we weren't going that day. So finally I got a chance to take them. My mom had discount tickets and I had to take advantage. Unfortunately Dan couldn't come so it was just me and Dalin and Braden. I left Landon with my mom since three kids by yourself at Lagoon is not easy. In the end my dad ended up coming with us, which really helped out a lot. I'm an idiot when it comes to taking pictures and so I didn't get any with my dad in them...duh. Or myself for that matter. I really need to do better about that.
Riding the airplanes. They LOVE this ride and rode it over and over.
Waiting in line. It was fun to sit back and listen in on their little coversations. "Do you want to share a car or ride in our own car?" "I want to share, it's more fun that way" "This is so cool"
So stinkin' cute.
Dalin got his first glimpse of reality. Growing up is hard to do. He was too tall to ride the boats and when they turned him away and made him get out of line and then let Braden get on he burst into tears. I had to explain he was too big to ride this ride, but that we had a lot more to do before we left.
The helicopters were enough to appease him. Notice how Braden is crunced into the side and Dalin has the whole bench to himself. Hahaha, that pretty much sums up their relationship. They love each other to pieces.
The big octupus ride. They really liked this one because they got squirted with water and by this point it was HOT! It helped to cool them off.
For some reason Braden was petrified of the merry-go-round. He said it was too fast....go figure. But Dalin climbed on and found a bunch of kids in the circular bit that you can spin around and around. He jumped on with the kids and bullied his way in the mist of them and told them to start spinning. This is so Dalin. He's not afraid of anything or anyone. The kids totally looked at each other like "is this kid serious?", but then started talking to him and letting him help spin.
Waiting in line so patiently.
While Dalin took a bathroom break, Braden branched out and went on the swings by himself. When we first got there he wouldn't ride anything and started crying whenever I tried to put him on a ride. I finally had to tell him that I didn't pay a lot of money for him to cry and not ride anything, so if he really didn't want to be there I would take him back to grandma's house and he could play there until Dalin was done. Of course he didn't want to leave so with his bottom lip quivering he got on the the first ride with Dalin and I saw one little tear trickle down his cheek. Let me tell you I felt awful. What a terribly mean mother....but then once the ride got going he started to laugh and when he got off he had this huge smile and ran over to me and said that was funnest time he had ever had. Then I felt better. He just needed a little push. Now he's here on the swings all by himself.
Dalin wanted to ride a big roller coaster. He was adamant, so my dad took him to find one and I went with Braden to ride the Dragon. Now let me tell you this is ten times faster than the merry-go-round which Braden never rode because it was too fast. So I was very worried. I did not get a pass myself so he would have to ride it all by himself, so I made him watch it few times to make sure he really wanted to ride it. He still did so here he is all by himselft on the Dragon. He loved it and ended up riding it five or six more times. He said this was his favorite ride out of all of them.
Here's a glimpse of how fast it is. See if you can spy him. He's right in front of the nerffy guy holding his hands up a couple cars after the dragon head.
Then of course Dalin had to ride it while Braden took a potty break. He won't be left out of anything.
This is the ride that really boosted their confidence. I wish you could see it, but the first time around the bend Braden had this look of total terror on his face and he was gripping the sides with white knuckles. My thoughts were "oh, crap we've over done it and now he won't want to ride anymore" But the second time around the bend he was laughing and putting his arms in the air.
Dalin on the big kid bumper cars. He looks so tiny in that car. The picture is not great because I'm standing out in the sun and he's in the dark, but he's so cute. He loved being a big kid, so I guess missing the boats was worth this.
It was at this point I really began to regret not getting a pass for me. He was so brave to ride the big rides all by himself. Braden wasn't quite tall enough to ride without an adult, plus they were a bit too intimidating for him. I can't believe Dalin is big enough to ride the adult rides. Where has the time gone? Next year I promised to get a pass so he could ride jet star 2 with me.
Here he is on the big roller coaster BomBora. This nice lady asked if she could help him and he said "No I don't need any help." She tried to get on with him and he said "I can to do it by myself so you should ride in your own one". She looked at me and smiled and then said "Well I'm a little scared, so maybe I can sit with you so I won't be so scared." He finally said "sure, but don't scream it hurts my ears." So funny.
Up the big hill. I thought for sure he'd get off and be crying or say he didn't want to ride that one again. They almost didn't let him one because technically he wasn't tall enough, but the guy saw the expectant look on his face and said ok. In the end it was his favorite ride and he rode it 8 times. He would've done it more times if I had let him.
This is what Braden did while Dalin rode the roller coaster over and over.
1 comment:
We need to get your boys and Korbin to go.. he went for the first time this year and LOVED Bombora! ha ha.. not many 2 yr olds love big scary rides, but I think he would have fun with your kiddos.
Post a Comment