Okay, I'm getting caught up. We're to August now and my brother Ryan and his family came down for a visit to see the dinosaur museum and other fun dinosaur stuff.
Here are all the kids digging for dino bones. This was a fun part of the museum.
Look at how big that thing is! It's head was soooo tiny compared to its body, it's no wonder the poor things went extinct. They couldn't have been very smart with a brain that size and a body that big.
This was a fun little room too, where the kids could sit at a little table and play with dinos and do some puzzles.
In the evening we went to one of the few restaurants in Vernal. Dalin LOVES this place ever since my parents took us here when we first moved in. Dalin asked weekly if we can go to the "restaurant with good food" he also asks why I don't cook good food like at the restaurant. Hahaha, I guess I need to work on my kitchen skills.
Gotta love me some good food.
We also went to the dinosaur quarry where they are actually actively digging up the bones.
On the way there we stopped to see some petroglyphs. My kids thought this was really cool. Dalin says he wants to be an Indian when he grows up so he can draw pictures on the rocks.
Look at the size of that femur. I wouldn't want to come face to face with one those things, stupid or not they could crush me.
Landon and Leah chillin' in their strollers and sippin' some water.
Riding the little shuttle bus that takes you up the hill to quarry.
We loved the dinosaurs and my kids have a new keen interest in them. We look for bones wherever we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment