Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Love Fall

Fall is probably my favorite time of year.  It's either that or spring.  The only crappy thing about fall is that it's followed by winter, my least favorite time of year.  I just don't handle being cold very well.  I love the vibrant colors and the smell in the air.  It's absolutely intoxicating.  I love the sound of crunching leaves and I love that the sun seems so much more happy when it shines through the bright yellow leaves in my front yard. 
This was a bad day for me.  Snow before Halloween is never a good thing.  My kids loved it and couldn't wait to go out and play in it (or eat it in Braden's case), but I hate it.  Snow mustn't come until after Thanksgiving, preferably not until December.  
But the sun came out, melted the snow, and warmed us up again.  This was a beautiful day and Braden and I decided we should go out and jump in the leaves.  No one else wanted to join us so we went out on our own.  As I said in a previous post, Braden loves leaves and we have some LEAVES in our back yard.

Is this not the best picture ever?!!?  Nothing better than jumping in a huge pile of leaves.
And then the smiles when he turns around.
Finally Dalin heard the noise and came out to join us, only he didn't want to jump in the leaves, he wanted to blow the leaves.  Any chance he can get to use any kind of tool.
He thought it was pretty fun to blow the leaves in my face.
Finally Dan joined us and got to work.
Just look at that cute face.
Dalin finally started jumping.
That is one big pile of leaves!  And that's just one tree. We had two hauls like this and filled the gigantic dumpster in front of our house twice.  
I had a ton of fun playing with the boys in the leaves.
The had fun throwing leaves at me and burying me.

Then of course who doesn't love a good wrestle in the leaves with dad.  This was one fun day.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

How fun! I kept thinking I needed to get my kids in some leaf piles and take some cute pictures before it snowed but I didnt make it! And we still have snow in our yard! Bummer! Cute pictures, looks like fun! And I like fall, but Spring is way better.. because instead of going to winter, you go to summer! Plus I love tulips and all the pretty flowers! :)

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Oh my goodness, what happened to that little baby Landon. He is getting huge. You guys always have such a great time. We miss you guys here in Oregon and especially at Papa's!