Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Well, I've had a little trouble with my blog, but I think I've got it figured out (Thanks Rachel!) Here's a quick little note about Halloween, which has come and gone ages ago, but because of blog issues I haven't been able to post.  Here's hopin' it works.

The community center here in Vernal had a huge carnival and trick-or-treating around the building that was fantastic. The carnival was really fun but VERY crowded. The original plan was to go do that and then head on over the ward's trunk-or-treat, but we didn't get that far.  On the way home from the community center Dalin kept saying he had a stomach ache, which I thought was probably because he had eaten too much candy and we hadn't had any dinner yet, but it turned out to be a nasty little bug that caused him to puke his guts out the rest of the night.  He was so bummed.  What a bummer to be sick on Halloween, so we missed the trunk-or-treat but at least they got to go to the community center.  I hope we didn't get everyone there sick.  Two days later Landon and Braden got it and so it wasn't a very fun week.

Earlier in the day Braden wanted to be a skeleton, but you can see later on he opted for a pirate.  Dalin wanted to be Darth Vader so bad, but when I wouldn't let him get a $45 light saber he refused, so he choose to be a pirate again.  This is what he was last year, but he insisted that if I wouldn't let him have the light saber then that's what he wanted to be.
Landon was the cutest elephant ever, but hated putting the hat on.
Braden changed his mind and went for a skeleton pirate rather than just a skeleton.  
I hate spiders, and these are no exceptions.  But the boys loved looking at their pictures when I showed them they were spiders.
Little pirates and an elephant in swan lake.
For some reason Braden loved this guy.  It was one of those statue things that would moved and say "whahaha" like a vampire.  He got some vampire teeth from someone in his bag and fell in love with them.  I had to deal with those nasty things for a week after Halloween until they finally fell apart. 

No comments: