Friday, March 1, 2013

Safety Carnival

Dalin's school had a safety carnival the beginning of March and so I took the boys.  I didn't expect it to be so elaborate.  The police were there with this crash simulator that simulated what would happen if you got in an accident in a store parking lot at about 5 miles an hour.  The point was to show the kids the importance of a seatbelt, but I think Dalin took it more like a ride at Lagoon.  He wanted to ride it over and over and thought it was great.  He talked a bunch to the officers and told them how they could be safe with their guns.  He's definitely not shy.  Braden on the other hand hid behind me when one of the officers tried to talk to him and wouldn't say a single word.


They had fire trucks and ambulances that the kids could climb through and explore and drive and have fun with.  One of the fire trucks had its ladders all the way up and the kids thought that was pretty cool.
Inside the school they had a huge bounce house.  Not sure what that has to do with safety, but it might have been the carnival bit.  They loved that. 
Getting ready to go down the slide.

It was a pretty steep slide and they thought it was so fun, I couldn't get them off of it.

We played hoops for candy and firehats.

They even fed us hotdogs and chips with drinks.  My camera ran out of juice so I didn't get any more pictures, but we also got to play all kinds of games at different booths attended to by all the 5th graders and we got balloon animals, or balloon swords in the case of Dalin and Braden.  Some kids' radio station from Salt Lake even came and did a live dance off with the kids.  Let me tell you, I must be getting old because the noise was just too much for me to handle and we didn't stay to dance off very long.  Dalin thoroughly enjoyed the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey.  Braden was afraid of the DJ and sat on my lap the whole time.  Landon had fun dancing. Fun times and I was impressed with the magnitude of the carnival.  


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

What a fun little carnival!