Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Landon's Birthday

Landon loves basketball or beeskow as he puts it, so I thought he would like a basketball cake.  Turns out the heavens were against me on this one.  I baked the cake and put the cover on it then left for work.  When I returned from work Dan was playing video games with Dalin and Braden.  I asked where Landon was and got nothing but silence, so I moved on to the kitchen only to find Landon sitting on the counter with crumbs all over his face and half the cake in a pile on the floor.  Oh, my hopes of a great cake fell, and time was running out and I was sooo tired (due to staying up way too late watching "Bones").  I ended up fixing the cake by making the whole left side out of frosting and patching together the rest of the crumbling cake.  Needless to say it didn't turn out the way I originally planned and I had to improvise.  I was up way too late and this is what I ended up with.  It's a good thing he was only turning 2 and didn't know this was terrible cake :) 
Loving his number 2 pancakes.  He was enamored with the candles and kept trying to touch them.
Everyone is very excited to open presents.

One more tractor to add to his collection.  He plays with these tractors more than anything else.  He even sleeps with them on his bed.  He has to align them just right each time he lays down and freaks out if they aren't there. We have to take them to the store with us occasionally. 
We couldn't get him to open any of his other presents because all he cared about was that tractor.

Dalin giving Landon the present he got him.  When I took Dalin and Braden to the store to get presents for Landon I was really impressed with their insight into their little brother's life.  Dalin got Landon a package of ring pops because he knows that Landon really likes suckers.  Braden got Landon some jumbo crayons because he knows how much Landon likes to draw. 
Only those suckers could take Landon away from his tractor.
This is another great gift because Landon loves to push things.  This is like a manly stroller.  Notice the ring pop in his mouth.  So stinkin' cute.
He quickly got the hang of blowing out the candles.
After he blew out the candles he took out the candles and licked off the frosting.  He got a little too eager with the candles and bit half of it off and swallowed it whole.  What a funny kid.
 I can't believe my baby is two-years-old.  He is so happy most of the time.  He is active, more than anyone knows.  He doesn't know how to walk, he runs.  He is not afraid of climbing to great heights and then jumping off.  He thinks he's seven and should be allowed to do everything a 7-year-old does.  He still naps 3-4 hours every day, but keeps me on my toes during those awake hours.  He is a very good eater and will eat just about anything.  If someone is eating, regardless of when he last ate he will want some.  And by some, I mean all of it.  He is a little cuddle bug, especially when he first wakes up.  He enjoys watching Oscar's Oasis on Netflix and also enjoys good old Mario Brothers.  He wants to be outside when at all possible and still enjoys a good long walk.  I love this kid to pieces and I'm so grateful I was blessed to have him come to our little family.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Landon! I can't believe how big they are all getting. I think you probably need to put the cake on the top of the fridge or something..doesnt this happen with all your kids? haha.. gotta love boys.