Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School - 2nd Grade!

Dalin did not want to go back to school this year.  He was having so much fun playing all summer and he didn't want it to end.  But, all good things come to end and whether he wanted to or not school was starting.  Then we went to back-to-school night and met his teacher Mrs. Luck.  Can I just say she is a completely wonderful teacher!  I'm so excited that Dalin was put in her class.  Last year he struggled with his teacher (and let's be honest, so did I).  I was worried we would have another rocky start like last year, but it was great.  Mrs. Luck was happy and excited and made Dalin feel really good about coming back to school.  She really is a sweetheart and it's made all the difference in the world. 

Here he is with his new teacher. 
The first day of school and he's excited to go.  Look at that face!  I love that he enjoys school, even if he sometimes complains that it's a long day and he just wants to play rather than work.  I always tell him "that's life", which he doesn't like to hear :)
He got a new Broncos backpack that he was really excited about. Dalin loves horses (he wants to own one some day) so the Broncos are his team - no other reason just horses.  One the first day of school he came home and said "mom, my teacher wouldn't let me bring my backpack in the classroom because she's allergic to the Broncos"  I laughed and laughed.  He likes to joke with her about it now.
Happy first day of school Dalin!

No comments: