Braden has wanted to go to school for 2 years now and he finally gets a chance. I can't believe he's in Kindergarten! What a big kid he is. I was nervous the end of last school year because there weren't going to be any kids on our little street going into Kindergarten this year and he would have to ride the bus all by himself, but over the summer several new families moved in with kids his age.
He started school a week later than Dalin and let me tell you it was the longest week of his life. He could not wait to start. We went to his meet-the-teacher day since on back-to-school night they didn't know who his teacher would be yet. We found his teacher's name on the list - Mrs. Tangren. We walked to his room and discovered that his buddies who live a few doors down from us are in the same class. They are also in the same primary class at church. Boy were they excited. They were wrestling on the floor and jumping off the walls. We couldn't get them to settle down. The other moms and I just looked at each other and then told the teacher we were sorry, she might have her hands full.
The first day of school and he's so excited. He has afternoon Kindergarten so we got Dalin off to school and then had to wait. Every five minutes he would ask me if it was time to go yet. I finally told him we wouldn't leave for the bus until after lunch, and then he started asking if it was time for lunch yet.
I could not get Landon out of the pictures. He just kept sneaking in there, little stink. Braden really likes his new "basketball backpack" as he calls hit.
Here he is with his little friends waiting for the bus.
Braden, Alex, and Cole. These are the ones that are in his class.
And here's the whole bunch who wait at the bus stop with him.
Alex, Braden, Katie, Cole, and Destiny.
He made me promise I would come to the school so he would know where to go. Here he is getting off the bus to line up and head inside.
We found his classroom and found his desk. I noticed that he and his friends were all sitting at different tables. Teachers are as smart as they look.
He loves school and everyday comes home with a big smile of his face and says "I had a great day". He really likes his teacher and is doing great. I'm so happy that he's enjoying school and I love to see him progress. Here's to a great school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment