So yesterday I had to go to the eye doctor and get Braden's glasses repaired. I have a feeling that a little boy wearing glasses is going to be an expensive endeavor. He slipped on our tile floor and face-planted on the tile which chipped his lens. After it chipped it wouldn't stay in the frames no matter how hard I tried to tighten them and it kept popping out. We've had the glasses less than two months and I'm already replacing the lens. BUT, this is not the story I was going to tell.....
so, I went to the eye doctor to have the new lens put in. Dalin and Braden were in school so I only had Landon. He can sometimes be a holy terror when we go places, not in that he throws fits or anything he just doesn't listen and gets into everything and runs away. Any time he does any of these things he thinks he's absolutely hilarious. Anyways, we got the new lens, I paid for it, and we headed out the door. I opened the side door of my van for him to get in and turned for, literally two seconds to put my purse on the front seat, and when I turned back to buckle him in he wasn't there. Then, I saw out of the corner of my eye that he was heading for the front door of the doctor's office at a very fast pace. I raced to catch him, but just as I got to within arms length he slammed the door in my face. He slammed it so hard that the whole building shook. At this point blood is starting to rush to my face out of anger and embarrassment. As I reached for the door knob it suddenly occurs to me that it won't turn. The little terror has locked it. So I'm outside, he's inside, and I can't get to him. He could be doing anything or going anywhere inside the building and I can't see him or talk to him or get to him. By this point another customer has come and is now standing with me outside the locked door. I didn't know what else to do so I just started knocking, after what felt like an hour a receptionist finally opened the door. Landon was in the back trying on some glasses. Oh, my heck! I could've killed him! After profusely apologizing again and again I finally got us out of there and went back home. What a little stinker! Of course, the day after I find the story quite amusing, but at the time I was soooo embarrassed.
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohh man! I would have killed my child!!
Gotta love 2 year olds. Ugh!
Post a Comment