Monday, January 13, 2014

Braden Boy's Birthday


Braden is 6!  Well, he turned six in January, but I haven't had time to blog much since I've been in school.  Now that school is over be prepared to see some major catch up posting happen.

Happy birthday to my little boy!  I really just can't believe how fast time flies.  He loved his 6 pancakes, as always.  Notice what he's wearing.  This was one of his gifts from my mom and he loves it.  He loves anything Adidas or Nike and especially likes the warm-up style clothes.  He hates to wear jeans. These pancake pictures are right after he woke up, which means.....yes he slept in his outfit.  He had opened it the night before because a naughty little brother - we won't name names here - tore into it thinking it was his. The only way I could make Braden feel better about it was to let him just go ahead and open it.  Then he had to sleep in it.
He wasn't really sure about what kind of cake he wanted.  He kept changing his mind and eventually decided on a sports cakes.  This is what he ended up with.  I stayed up very late to this because I just didn't have time, with school and indoor soccer going on.  It's not perfect, but he thought it was the best cake ever so that's all that matters.

He had a few of his friends over after school to play and share some cake.  Boy was there a little bit of craziness going on in my house that day.
From left to right we have Alex, Riley, Cole, Landon, Braden, and Dalin.  There were a couple of other kids but I had a hard time getting them all to pose for a picture.



Riley was nice enough to bring Braden a present even though I told everyone presents weren't necessary.
Later that night after all those crazy kids went home Braden opened his family presents.  My camera was starting to really not work by this point so I didn't get very many pictures.  So frustrating.
He got his very own train set.

It took a while to set up, but we finally got it working.  He also got a Lego house, but like I said my camera just wouldn't work so no pictures. 
He had a very good birthday.  Here are some things about Braden.
1. He continues to be a very picky eater and most nights will groan and sigh exaggeratedly and say "I don't like this food".  
2.  His favorite foods are popcorn, Ramen noodles, pineapple, and spaghetti.
3. He absolutely loves Kindergarten.
4.  He loves to go fishing with his dad.
5.  He loves anything outdoors and can't wait to plant a garden.  He's my little green thumb.
6. He's really gotten into Legos lately and has built a whole city (more on that later).  He will Youtube Lego sets and watch as other people put them together.  His list of sets he wants is really long.
7.  He really likes dominoes and will Youtube videos of domino world records and claims he will beat them one day.  I might help him make his very own Youtube video.
8.  He is such an independent soul and wants to do everything himself.  He hates being told what to do.  
9.  Anything to do with water and he's all for it.  He asks me almost every day if we can go swimming at the rec center.
10.  I love this little boy with all my heart and I'm so grateful he came into our little family.


No comments: