I had the chance to sign Braden and Dalin up for indoor soccer this year. I will post on Dalin later because he started a little after Braden. It was at this point that my camera started doing dumb things and wouldn't work so the pictures aren't great and I didn't get that many because they wouldn't download onto my computer. Some kind of error in reading the transfer. Stupid camera. Anyway.....
Braden was pumped for soccer. He was extremely excited to play. They would have a short 15 minute practice before each game and that helped them with their ball control. At first his team mainly just played bunch ball. After a couple of games Braden said I'm really tired of just running and running. So Dan and I coached him a little from the sidelines since his own coach didn't really do much. I'm sure other parents thought we were crazy because we had to yell quite loud for him to hear us. We told him not to chase the ball all over, but to stand in the middle. We did a lot of pointing and giving thumbs up when he was where we wanted him. I was happy when we played one very good team and another dad was out there yelling at his kid too. I didn't feel like such an idiot out there shouting out so Braden could hear me. On defense we told him to stand in the middle and then when the ball came towards the middle to kick that ball out as hard as he could. He was very good at defense and when he was there the other team did not score. Then we told him on offense to just stand in the middle and wait for the ball to come to him. The last game he finally scored a goal and was overjoyed. It was great to see the improvement in him and I was glad he wanted to listen to our advice. He doesn't always appreciate anyone telling him what to do. He did great and is greatly anticipating outdoor soccer, which will start in April.
This video is from his first game. Major bunch ball going on. The video of his last game didn't work. I wish I had it so I could compare his first and last games. I think he greatly improved.
2 comments:
I swear you have the worst luck with cameras! That is cool they have indoor soccer! Sounds like he is enjoying it. Im looking forward to putting Korb in some soccer this year and watch the bunch ball happen! haha
That's super fun that they played indoor soccer. It is fun to watch them learn and advance in the game
Post a Comment