Saturday, June 21, 2014

South Ogden Days

My parents live in South Ogden and every June their city hosts South Ogden Days with parades, a small fair at the park with vendors and rides, fireworks, and other outdoor performances.  We didn't do all of that, but did hit the parade with all the kiddos and their cousins.  Dan missed out though since he had to head back to work.  They got an enormous stash of candy and other trinkets thrown at them.  I just love this kind of stuff.

I think this is all of them.  
I think they all had a lot of fun, including me.
Later that night we raided Steven and Alyssa's house to watch the fireworks from their backyard.  It was much better than fighting the crowds at the park and the kids had a ton of things to keep them busy with a trampoline, new swing set, sand box, and multiple balls and bikes to ride.  Plus more cousin time.  Thanks for letting us come invade!

On the following Sunday we ended our fun week with a slip 'n' slide in my parents' backyard.  The kids love this.  It took a minute for them to get used the freezing hose water, but once they did it got a little crazy with fun.

Pure joy.


Then we had a little creek time.

Summer never gets old for me.  I love every single minute of it and I'm so grateful my kids get to experience so much in their lives.  

No comments: