This is still part of our extended trip to visit family over the summer. Dalin has really wanted to go see the Salt Lake Temple and they have all wanted to ride on Front Runner again. They think it's so exciting. And it was. We were fortunate enough to have my mom join us. This is what memories are made of. Simple things that my kids talk about for weeks.
Here we are at the reflection pool at the Salt Lake Temple. Look at those cute little boys. I think they would've dove right in had I let them.
The next two pictures crack me up. We go from Landon sticking his little fingers in to.....
Landon splashing like a wild man and making Braden quite indignant.
Thanks mom for taking all the great pictures. I love my little family.
Love this picture. The kids really liked the temple. Braden told me "mom, it looks like a castle. Does a king live in there?" Sort of, haha.
Then we went to check out the visitor's center. The kids had fun seeing everything, although it got a little nuts with the escalator and Landon started running a little wild. I got to the point where I thought "get me outta here!" But overall, the kids had a good time.
Dalin and Braden discovered Books of Mormon in all the different languages and spent a good deal of time looking through them. Dalin tried to read them which I found quite amusing.
I'm pretty sure at this point Dan was off with Landon riding the escalator over and over.
Then we went upstairs to see the best part. I love how Braden sat there a minute and then asked "mom, did Jesus make everything in space?" Multiple times Landon tried to run up and climb up on the statue. I had to hold him back, but he slowly crept up there taking a couple of steps and then looking back to see what I would do. I let him go and he finally made it up there so I went up to grab him and he was standing there touching Christ's feet. He didn't say anything so I let him touch it for a minute. He was so quiet and I thought it was very touching.
After the temple we stopped at The City Creek Center and let the kids run around the fountain with a bunch of other kids. They got soaked and I hadn't thought to bring a change of clothes so on the train ride home Landon got a little chilly. His daddy knows how to keep him warm though.
So stinkin cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment