The day before Thanksgiving we headed up to visit family for the holiday and stopped at the zoo. They had a free zoo day so I thought why not take advantage while we were headed there anyways. The zoo is so much fun and we haven't been for a couple years so it was fun to see Landon's reaction to so many animals. He was very animated. The whole time Dalin really wanted to see the snakes. We like reptiles at our house. I once asked Dalin if he could have any pet he wanted what would it be. He said a python. Oh boy.
Hear we are at the gorilla house. This was a really good time of year to go because of the cooler weather. Not only is it better for us but the animals are way more active. I will have to remember this for future trips.
Dan's wingspan is almost as big as an ape.
Landon really liked the elephants.
And we finally made it to the reptile habitat. Dalin just couldn't handle himself and he took Dan and ran. Did I mention my mom came with us? She did although I didn't take that many pictures. She and I took Landon and Braden. We had to check out ALL the snakes. Not my favorite, but it was definitely the kids' favorite. This tortoise was huge. The picture just doesn't do it justice.
We had so much fun and it really was a beautiful day. It was crowded because of the free day, but it didn't really bother me because we weren't hot at all. It's amazing how grumpy the heat can make you. The kids had fun and I think the adults had fun too. Glad my mom could come and spend the day with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment