Saturday, September 27, 2008
Fall
Well, no pictures today as I still don't have a camera. However, one is being delivered on Monday. It's my early birthday present from Grandma Doris. Thanks Grandma! I do have a great story for you though, and although I'm not yet laughing about it, I hope to one day. When I titled this blog I didn't mean Fall, as in Autumn, I meant fall, as in I took one the greatest falls of my life. Dan and I had just given Dalin and Braden their baths and we were coming downstairs so I could put Braden to bed and Dalin could have a snack. I came down first, holding Braden, and Dan followed with Dalin. Well I took a bad step and down I went. It was all a blur but the thing I remember most is lying there writhing in pain. What I did was step so that half of my foot was off the step, only my heal was on the step. Well, what I didn't know was that carpet can be quite slippery and my heal slipped, then came down with a very hard crash on the next step at which point I rolled my ankle and popped my knee out of joint. Since I was holding Braden I did every thing I could to cushen his fall so he wouldn't get hurt and in the process got nothing down to catch my fall so I landed with every bit of my weight, and all of Braden's bulk, right on my bottom. As I landed the force of the fall made Braden fall towards me and we cracked heads, at which point he started crying really loud, and then Dalin, watching all of this from above, began crying as well. Dan stood there for what had to be a full minute before he responded and then all he could say was "are you alright?" I wanted to slug him but instead I started crying because I thought I had hurt Braden. There we sat in a crumppled heap on the stairs all of us crying and Dan stammering because he didn't know if he should help me up, take Braden, or help Dalin. After I managed to compose myself and stop the boys from freaking out I assest my injuries and now a day later I have an ankle I can't walk on, a knee that throbs all day, a butt so sore I can't sit and a back so sore I can't move anything else on my body. Oh yeah, I also have the worst rug burn you've ever seen on my elbow. So If anyone else thinks they've had a bad day at least this post should give you something to chuckle about (you know you're laughing, you don't need to try and be kind). All I can say to myself is "what the heck were you doing you big clumsy ox!" I've said that to myself over and over today. And now when all my neighbors ask what I did (since I can barely walk) I have to tell them I fell down the stairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok ok.. I did laugh! I am sitting here at work and I burst out in laughter! Thank you for the laughter you brought me, but I am very sorry to hear about your injuries! They sound really painful! I hope they get feeling better really really soon! I am soo soo soo bummed that we arent coming up anymore! :( I have been looking forward to this trip for months! :( So its a big bummer for us! But it will be nice during the holiday season when I can see you lots more! We miss you here!
OHHH Casandra!! That isn't funny at all (well, the Dan stammering was). But that sounded awful. :( I'm sorry. I hope you are feeling a little better now. -And yes, it is a bummer that we aren't coming to see you guys now. :(
Post a Comment