Thursday, September 4, 2008

Repentance

Well I'm repenting for not writing in about a month, but we went down to visit family back in Utah for three weeks. That's my poor excuse anyways. We had fun seeing everyone, but I think the funnest part was camping with Alyssa's family at Bear Lake (even though I was so busy chasing kids that I didn't really get to talk to her family much). We were very glad that Bailey(Dalin's cousin) was able to come at the last minute because he loves to play with her. She's the only cousin his age. All his other cousins are over the age of 12 and they all live in England. After camping we went to my parents' house but nothing very exciting happened there because they were both back to work and very busy. Dan and I were able to take the kids to the zoo while we were there and boy did Dalin have a blast! At one point he said he wanted a drink so I took him over to the water fountain and right before we got there he started to freak out and cling to my leg. I couldn't figure out what he wanted so after a few minutes of calming him down he was finally able to tell me he was scared. If you've ever been to Hogle Zoo then you know that the drinking fountains are big lions and you have to stick your head in its mouth in order to get a drink. I took me a while but finally convinced him that it was a fake lion that wasn't going to bite your head off. Dalin's favorite part of the zoo was the train ride (he LOVES trains), the merry go round (he also LOVES rides), and the giraffes. They have a new giraffe area so now you can go inside and watch them eat and stuff. There was a cute little baby giraffe that was only a few months old and Dalin liked that. I guess he really liked the penguins too, but ended up throwing a fit because he wanted to swim with them and I couldn't make him understand that we couldn't do that. To anyone who wants to visit the zoo I would recommend going in the late afternoon/eveningish. It was perfect - not too hot and not at all crowded. Well after my folks we went to Dan's Dad's place in Idaho which turned out to be very uneventful and then over to his mom's in Logan, Utah. That was fun and Dalin loves to go to their house because he gets their 100% undivided attention so it's play, play, play all day. I would love to post pictures of our fun little adventure but we're morons and lost our camera somewhere along the line. I'm pretty sure we left it at the zoo because that's the last time we had it. So I've emailed the zoo to see if anyone took it to the lost and found (there's a chance, right?). That's the second camera we've had lost or stolen in the last three months. We just bought a new video camera so we don't have any money for a new digital camera as well. I hope we can find it, or my blogs might get kind of boring. I promise to write more often and I love your comments (I just found out the other day that people could leave them!) Duh!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you wrote again. I am SO sorry about your camera, that is some awful luck. :( -I liked your story about the lion drinking fountain. funny.

Alyssa said...

Welcome back Casandra!! I kept checking your page hoping you would keep up with it, and Im glad to see you are back with it! I read the blog to Steven and we were both excited to read whats going on in your neck of the woods! I hope you get an email back about your camera! Ill cross my fingers for you!

Rachel said...

So to force you to have to post, I am tagging you :)
The Rules:-Link the Person who Tagged you- Mention rules on your blog- Tell about 6 quirks of yours- Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same- Leave a comment to let them know.