Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sometimes Life Just Sucks

Well, this is going to be one huge vent because right now I'm very frustrated. I finally got a new camera, exciting right? It was for about a day and I took a ton of pictures and had it everywhere we went. But the day after I got it Dalin got a hold of it - BIG no no. So I scolded him and Dan (for leaving it out where Dalin could get it-also a big no no) after all, this camera is gold. I put the camera in my purse because I was going to the store and wanted to take it with me so I could capture my cute boys in the cart, but had to take a time out to put Braden to sleep and since Dan had left by this point I had to put a movie on for Dalin while I put Braden down. Normally it takes about 10 seconds to put Braden to sleep. You just lay him in his crib and he falls asleep. But on this particular day he was having a struggle because he's been teething and having a rough go with it. He cried and cried and finally I had to go in his room and sooth him. Well Dalin climbed up on the desk, got a hold of my purse, and went out the back door. The back door is significant because if he'd gone out the front door I would've heard him. We NEVER use the back door but I had that day because I was trying to clean up the kitchen and Braden was grumpy so I layed out a blanket just outside our back door and let him play outside for while where I could still see him and talk to him and get my stuff done. Dalin, of course, played too. Needless to say Dalin went out the back door, with my purse, and I didn't hear him. I thought he was still lying on the couch watching his movie, so when I came out and he was gone I searched the house but to no avail. So then I noticed the back door was open and put two and two together. Panicking I went outside and found Dalin clear down the road with some pink Barbie car and my purse dragging behind him. When I got him home I realized that, although my wallet was still in my purse the camera was gone. I looked for over two and a half hours and couldn't find it. We had all the neighbors out looking and no one ever found it. So I still have no pictures because my new, one-day-old camera, is lost in the abyss along with my memory card. This sucks!!! I can't get a new one because we can't afford it so I spent all night near tears and today I feel terrible. Life just sucks sometimes.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Im am so sorry to hear about that! I cant imagine how bad that would suck! Especially since you have cute lil growing boys! I really hope you can find it! :( Sorry for the lost camera!

Rachel said...

Casandra! :( How sad. I am so sorry. I would have been in tears. I can't believe that. :(

Alyssa said...

Okay girl.. I tagged you, so go on my blog and check it out, and then you repost it and fill it out k? Cant wait!