Thursday, December 4, 2008
The Holidays
Where does time go? Thanksgiving is already gone and now I'm looking forward to Christmas. I love this time of year. Up here in Montana we have snow, of course. We only actually got snow two days after Thanksgiving which is very odd for this part of the country. The two days before it snowed it rained cats and dogs. That is also very weird. I guess we're in for a very mild winter up here because it's not that cold. Well, at least not as cold as would've expected it to be. Once the sun goes down, it's FREEZING like I've never felt before. It's a cold that bites your skin if it's not covered and leaves it burning for at least half an hour after you come inside. But during the day it's relatively warm and nice enough to take the boys out on occasion. Today the sun is shining and I love that. There's nothing better than a bright winter day after a night of snow and everything sparkles. Up here, unlike in Utah, the snow doesn't melt once it's here. I might melt a little during the day a little but, like I said as soon as that sun starts to go down (around 4:00pm) then it's fridged.
Now I'm going to vent for a minute. The great state of Montana has made it a law that no town or city can salt their roads in the winter. Is that not the dumbest thing you've ever heard. There's a bunch of environmentalists up here and they don't want to kill any vegitation with the salt. So we'd rather kill hundreds of motorists instead. The roads are horrible all the time. And like I said the snow doesn't melt so it's like driving on a skating rink no matter where you are.
Now I'm done venting and we'll move on. I don't have any pictures today, simply because I'm too lazy to take the time to do it. I'm exhausted lately becaue for two weeks now Braden has decided that he doesn't need to sleep....EVER. So, I guess neither do I. He's been waking up in the middle of the night and then won't go back to sleep. I've let him cry for over half an hour, I've rocked him I've sat in the room with him and nothing works. Finally last night I'd had enough so I just put him in his bed and thought "he'll just have to cry". Well Dan doesn't like that very much so after about 20 minutes or so he goes down and a few minutes later comes back and everything's quiet. Apparently all he did was put a bear in the crib with him and then he was fine. We'll see tonight if that's a fluke or if that will work. It better work because I need to get some ZZZZZ's. Well, that's it for now. See ya'll soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny about Braden and the bear. About 2 months ago Kyla would FREAK out when we layed her down somewhere that wasn't home, then one day at your mom's we gave her a little stuffed bear and she went right to sleep. I think she needs that comfort object, maybe Braden does too. Bailey was never like that. Anyway, funny that they both did that with the bear.
I hope to see you soon!! Sorry to hear about the no sleeping.. that is pretty crappy! The no salt on the roads is a bit ridiculous! That scares me just thinking about it! Hope you guys stay safe.. and WARM! Tell the lil guys.. and the big guy we say Hello!
Guess you just gotta be really careful on those roads. Stupid tree huggers always ruin it for everybody! Well I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys soon. It will be nice to have everybody together for the holidays.
Hey no mention of Dalins head injury on Dan's birthday - Pickies were great
Post a Comment