skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Prayers
Dalin has always liked to say his prayers. So every night we kneel beside his bed and say prayers and up until now he would just repeat what Dan or I said. But the last two nights I have paused after saying "I'm thankful for...." to see if he would fill in the blanks and much to my surprise he did. It takes all of my effort not to start laughing in the middle of his cute little heart-felt prayer. His list of things he's thankful for tonight included fries, trains, lights, books, James, James, Thomas, Percy (these are characters off of Thomas the Tank Engine and he has two Jameses so that's why he's thankful twice), Lightning McQueen (off of Cars), real trains, and real cars. When he's done listing off the things he's thankful for he says "name of Jesus Christ, Amen" and hops into bed. What a sweet little boy.
2 comments:
So cute. Isn't that so fun. At our house Bailey has mostly been refusing to say the prayer, so Ky usually says it. She can repeat every word we tell her, but also added her own two things to be thankful for, they are always the same: food and Emily. Ryan and I just peek and smirk at each other.
That is cute! Boy does he love trains! I like that you paused to wait for him to fill in the blanks, thats fun, and helps him with his prayers! Cute!
Post a Comment