Friday, May 27, 2011

T-Ball

A little while back I signed Dalin up for T-Ball...a little while later, much to my surprise, I was informed that I would be the coach. I was very nervous, and worried for a while since I've never coached. I know it's only 5 year olds, but I still have to pretend I know what I'm doing. I do know how to play baseball and have played on several softball teams so I guess it's silly to think I couldn't possibly teach a bunch of 5 year olds (12 of them to be exact) how to play. But it still seems a little daunting. But so far we've had 3 games, 1 rain out, and only 1 successful practice (no one ever shows up). I feel like I've got the hang of it now and really enjoy being out on the field trying to make sure all 12 little tykes know where they should be and what they should be doing. Sometime I have to laugh....they are so cute at this age.
Even Landon gets in on the action.
Me and Dalin. He did not want to pose for this picture, he wanted to play baseball. Getting ready to bat.
What cute little brothers, both very excited for the first game.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Way to go "Coach" - that job would certainly intimidate me. There is something so cute about little boys in baseball uniforms :)