Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Gingerbread Man

Run, Run, as fast as you can.
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.
I've run from a husband,
I've run from a wife,
I've run from a butcher with a carving knife.
I've run from a cow,
and a muddy old sow,
and I'll run from you too.
I can,
I can.
This is Dalin and Braden's favorite book right now. We got a really cute copy from Dalin's old preschool teacher, Ms. Lonah, when he graduated from preschool and the boys have loved it ever since. We read it at least three times a week, sometimes more. Both boys have the entire book memorized, but still want me to read it. I noticed that it had a gingerbread recipe on the back cover of the book and decided it would be fun to make them with the boys. While they were cooking, the boys keep conversing about what they would do if the gingerbread men ran out of the oven away from them. Dalin said he was so fast that he could catch it before the fox got him. Braden wasn't so sure. In the book no one was fast enough.
Here they are frosting their men. As you can see both boys are also tasting the frosting.
Braden had flour and frosting from head to toe by the time we were done. Dalin's masterpiece.
Braden's masterpiece.
When we were done, I was presented with this. The boys worked on it together, just for me.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is so cute that they worked together to make you a frosted cookie. I like the little stars they put on it. My child also had fun with frosting this week, but it didnt turn out near as clean as your boys! ha ha

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Such a fun activity. I need to be more willing to let Emerson help in the kitchen. It makes for some fun times. Your boys are so fun.