Sunday, June 17, 2012

Remember the Maine


There is a park by our house called Remember The Maine.  It's a beautiful place and we've been there many times.  As you can see below there is a river at this park.  We went a couple of weeks ago with some friends of ours and their two little boys and cooked foil dinners and ate watermelon and played until it was dark.  That's what summer is all about.

Dalin with his little friend Jackson making a dam.  They worked so hard.

Here is Braden venturing across the river.  It doesn't look too tough in this picture but as I cross that part of the river it comes up to just below my knees.  It's decently swift and the rocks are covered in moss making it extremely slippery.  Dan turfed it going across and I wish I had a picture of that because it was hilarious.

Dalin up a little stream that dumps into the river.  It's muddy and small and the perfect place to catch water snakes and frogs.  We've caught at least 10 frogs and 3 or 4 snakes.  The boys think it's amazing.

Here's Dan taking rocks from Landon.  His favorite game is to pick up rocks and bring them to you, at which point you have to say "thank you".  If you put the rocks down or drop them he looks at you sternly and says "no, no, no, no!"

Dalin in red with his friend Jeremy, looking for any kind of moving creature they can find.

Ohhh, that water is cold!

Here's the kids playing at the playground.  They love the triplet slide.  Braden, Jeremy, and Landon all getting ready to go down.

Dalin loves that he can do the monkey bars, just like the big kids.  But the blisters are no fun.

Stopping for a drink break.  Love that face.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I like how Landon wont let anyone put the rocks down.. Kids are getting too smart now a days! Looks like a fun river!

Rachel said...

Bailey got across the monkey bars once and has yet to get it again. I think it is frustrating to her. Have you tried doing them yourself lately? I tried one day and I don't think I could do it. I was too heavy and it ripped my hands apart. Kids are tough.