Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Braden

Braden has never really liked to draw or color or cut out, etc.  He's more of a sporty kind of a kid.  I've had a hard time getting him to practice writing his letters or do any kind of craft or coloring with me.  I've worried a little bit about how he'll do in school once he gets there because he doesn't like to sit down and do those kinds of things.  So this year I decided to put him in preschool and I think it's the best decision I could've made for him.  He's still not great at writing his letters, but he loves school.  He comes home with these creations that they've worked on and print outs of his letters that he's been working on and I'm so proud of his work.  He can write his name now, even if it's in all caps.  We're working on the lower case letters and he's improving every day.  His scissor skills are improving too.

So the other day he came in and showed me this horse he made.  He drew it, cut it out, and glued the legs on all by himself while I was in the shower.  He was so proud of himself and I'm so glad he's beginning to like drawing and coloring since it's a big part of what he'll be doing in Kindergarten next year. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is really great that he is liking it more and improving. I know that road very well and it is so nice to see them proud of themselves and catching on to things. Way to go, Braden!