This year we got real tree. They were 10 bucks at Walmart and we couldn't pass it up. The smell of that tree was intoxicating. I love sitting by the tree around Christmas time and this made it even more magical for us. The kids had fun picking out the tree and then setting it up. This is a fun time of year.
Dan and I hand out the ornaments to the kids and they put them on the tree after I've put the lights on. Yes, I do the lights. Dan hates the lights and doesn't do them right, according to me, hehehe. Anyways I think it's so funny that when we're done there's always a big clump of ornaments in the same spot, as you can see in the pictures below. After they go to bed I have to rearrange the ornaments so they're more spread out. It does make me laugh. Landon, being the crazy child that he it broke 4 ornaments this year. I even put the breakable ones up top, but he's a climber and if you turn your back for two seconds he's away, up on a chair or climbing the book case. Sigh, what to do with that child? Luckily none of the broken ones were ones I care much about so it wasn't a big deal, but my goodness. The other two have never broken an ornament before and are always good to be extra careful. Not Landon, he is crazy. Good thing he was napping while we set up the tree or I think we may have had some more broken things.
Putting the final touches on. This star is one that was given to me by my Grandma Doris (My dad's mom). It's so old and fragile that we don't let the kids touch it. I like having a bit of her on my tree. It brings back memories of Christmases long long ago.
1 comment:
Thats cool that you had a real tree! I dont know if we will ever brave that.. but I am sure the smell makes it more Christmasy.
Post a Comment