Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Work, Work, Work

It has been a rather trying week for me.  I got a new job....but due to nature of the work I can't tell you anything about it on my blog.  It's only part time, once or twice a week and it's extremely laid back so that's good.  So far I really enjoy it, but this past week I had to work two grave yard shifts, and let me tell you that sucks!  There's no other way to put it....it just plain sucks.  So I've felt like a zombie all week and I'm just now catching up on everything.  On top of that Braden has been really sick.  I finally took him to the doctor and he has an ear infection and a sinus infection and pink eye.  Poor thing has done nothing but lay on the couch for three straight days.  He won't eat and I have to beg and plead and finally threaten him to drink something (I told him if he doesn't drink then I have to take him back to the doctor for a pokey and he chugged).  At least he's easy to tend, he just wants to be left alone, except at night he wants to sleep in my bed cuddled up right next to me and Dan.  I feel so bad for him that I've let him sleep in my bed, but that equals no sleep for me.  Now Landon has whatever it was that Braden has had.  He's not so easy to tend.  He wants to be held all day and cries if you put him down for two seconds while clinging to your leg.  I don't mind holding him, but there's two other children at my house that need to be tended as well.  Oh my goodness, I'm exhausted.  The work with sick kids is overwhelming, but at least I'm not sick.  Cross your fingers for me, I wash my hands a million times a day.  I was up most the night last night with Landon who was so miserable, and Dan has been gone with the scouts on an overnighter (what a bunch of idiots.....who wants to go camping when it's freezing outside and dumping snow....raise your hand if you're a scout).  Hope he's having fun freezing his buns off.  The problem is he's not here to tag team, so it's all me.

But then, after writing all this fun stuff and feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, I look at this picture and can't help but smile.  The work is worth it in the end....what a messy kid.  I'm grateful I get the chance to clean him up.


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats getting a job. You will definitely have some interesting storys to tell! And Im sorry to hear your kiddos are sick. That is absolutely NO fun! Hope they get better for the holidays and you stay healthy! See you next week! :)

Rachel said...

I can't wait to hear more about your job after Christmas. You have now entered the fun world of adding one more time and energy consuming thing to juggle in the wonderful world of parenthood. I have been trying for 7 years to find the nice balance, so if you suddenly figure it out now that you have added an outside job to the list, let me know. I hope all is well with work and that your kids are starting to feel better soon. It will be nice to visit with you soon. :)