Monday, June 10, 2013
Current News
Well, as many of you know (at least the two people who may actually read my little blog) I quit my job working for JJS. The schedule was all over the place and they would often, as in every single time, change it right before a shift and then I was left scrambling to find a babysitter. Trust me no one wants to watch my kids at 6 in the morning or through dinner until 8 a night. I was also being scheduled 30-40 hours some weeks when I specifically asked them to only schedule me once or twice a week. It seemed like they could never get a shift covered which left me to do it. I was tired, worn out, frustrated, and stressed out. I really enjoy the work I do, although I can't talk about it at all on here, and was quite sad about having to quit. I went back and forth on it for a couple of weeks, but then my babysitter forgot to pick Braden up from preschool and he was left there for two hours. Let's just say he was a little bit traumatized and wouldn't even attend his church classes in primary for fear he would be left or forgotten. My mommy instincts felt sooooo horribly guilty that I quit. Last week the director of JJS called me and asked me to come back. I was very hesitant, but she assured me I would only be scheduled on Friday and Saturday, the days Dan is off work so I agreed. I had my first shift back last Friday and really enjoyed myself, knowing my kids were in their Daddy's hands. The extra money is fantastic and I really do like the work I do, so here's to hoping this works out and they really only schedule me according to what they told me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh yay! It is such a relief when you have a set schedule and you don't have to bother too many people with babysitting. Im glad you got to go back and I hope it works out well. Its always nice to get a break from the kiddos.
Post a Comment