Sunday, May 12, 2013

Green River With Great Friends

Since we've lived in Vernal for about a year now we have made some great friends.  We have game nights and go on picnics and camp, fish, or whatever we feel like.  We went to the Green River on a day camp with some friends of ours the Boyds.  They have two boys ages 6 and 2 so we hang out with them the most because our kids are great friends and have a lot of fun together.  Friends make life great.  I am so grateful that wherever we have lived I have been blessed with great friends.

What a handsome stud!  This kid just melts my heart.
Here are our friends Duane and Jill.
What a beautiful view of the Green River.  Landon is so cute standing there.

Doing what he does best....climbing, sliding, and getting impossibly dirty.

Jill and I.  She lives just a few doors down from me so we spend a lot of time together.

Kings of the mountain.  What funny things men are.

Climbing the mountain some more.  All the boys loved this little hike.  They found rattle snakes and scorpions. Yikes!  I've had to teach my kids about rattle snake safety because they are quite prevalent here in the Basin.  I've learned that rattlers don't bite unless you actually step on them or are about to step on them.  I've also had to learn what to do if one should get bitten.  So far the boys are very cautious and we don't let them stray ahead of us.  One adult is in the lead at all times.

Now it wouldn't be a fun trip to a river unless you can throw rocks.  Down by the Green at this particular spot there were tons of very little gravel rocks and the boys loved to pick up handfuls and throw them all at once.  The sound it makes as they all plop in is great.  Even I took a turn to throw some in.

Braden, Jeremy, and Dalin.

Here is Jill with her cute 2-year-old Jackson.  She is also prego with #3 boy.

I love this picture of Landon with his little chubs full of rocks.  The look on his face is priceless.  He's pretty serious about throwing rocks in the river.

This picture just about sums up everything that was going on.  Dan and Duane are laying back relaxing, while Braden messes in the fire with his marshmallow, and Landon and Jackson are in the background jumping off a rock. 

All the little boys were obsessed with this rock.  Perfect for climbing all over and jumping off.

I like Dalin's sideways mischievous look at his friend.  What trouble could we get into now?

Landon and Jackson getting ready to jump.  Landon was telling me to STOP taking pictures so he could jump.

I love the big old tractor in the background.  The work crews were there fixing the dirt roads and putting more gravel down (yes, the gravel my kids were throwing in the water...oops)


1 comment:

Rachel said...

How nice to have friends. With life's craziness, I've gotten quite bad about this. That is great that their kids line up with yours. That makes a big difference.