End of July we had a chance to go to the carnival where they had a free demoition derby. Since I have 3 boys I thought it might be fun to take my kids to see. Then, I got tickets for the carnival from my work. Unfortunately, I didn't think about Braden's broken arm being an issue
and they wouldn't let him ride any rides, which made him very sad and made Dalin mad. But it was still a great day. First, there is a group here in Vernal that has restored and remade a bunch of old WWII fighter planes. Apparently they take people on private flights to help pay for the restorations. They had a big spread of toy fighter planes and my boys REALLY, REALLY wanted to get one, but I wasn't willing to pay the prices they had on them. Broken hearts again. Dalin sat and talked with one of the guys for a good while about how his Grandma Anne's dad flew a plane in WWII. It was amusing to see him take such an interest. Then they were allowed to go up and look at the plane and see the cockpit. Good way to start the day.
Then the fun began. We sat in the stands for almost an hour before the derby started because the tickets were free we had to get seats early in order to get seats at all. Dalin showing his impatience and attitude at not being allowed on the rides and then having to sit and wait for a derby in sight of all the fun rides. I appeased him with a snowcone. That's right. Sometimes I buy my children's compliance :)
But once the action started he warmed right up. He really enjoyed it once the fun began.
Braden had so much fun he didn't want to leave and it did make him feel better about not being able to ride any rides. Landon was exstatic. People around us were laughing at him because he got so excited. I've never seen him like that. He was screaming with joy. I wish I could've got video or picture of it, but alas, my camera died. Stupid, cheap camera. Dan and I also enjoyed ourselves. Overall a pretty fun night and it cost us nothing! (Other than the price of snowcones)
No comments:
Post a Comment